1. Nail polish and nail polish remover
The main ingredients of nail polish and nail polish remover contain isopropyl alcohol and ethyl acetate, which are two very flammable substances. Therefore, you should store your nail products in a cool place and avoid direct sunlight.
The dust particles themselves are very flammable. When suspended in the air, just one molecule in contact with the ignition and ignited, the flame will immediately spread to millions of other molecules around and explode.
This phenomenon is called a dust explosion. Therefore, you need to pay attention not to leave any sparks around when using flours such as flour, tapioca…
3. Cooking on a dirty stove
Keeping the kitchen clean is very important. Oil, grease and dirt can ignite in seconds when exposed to a spark. This is also one of the most common causes of fires.
4. Notebooks and electronic accessories
Charging a laptop overnight is a common but also very dangerous habit. Batteries that are overcharged, wet or damaged are among the fire hazards. As a precaution, you should avoid charging your laptop overnight or plugging it in continuously for many hours.
5. Glassware under the sun
Glassware, mirrors or even aquariums and water cups can focus scattered sun on a small spot. It only takes about 50-60 seconds for a flame to ignite from that point and can cause nearby objects such as curtains, paper or clothing to catch fire. To avoid this, keep the glassware out of direct sunlight.
6. Massage oils stick to towels
Be careful when washing towels soaked in massage oils. Sometimes the washing machine cannot remove the essential oils from the towels, so when you put the oiled towels in the tumble dryer, they will catch fire. You’re better off drying them instead of drying them in the dryer.
Mothballs are usually made of naphthalene or 1,4-dichlorobenzene, both of which are flammable. In addition, exposure to mothballs can lead to anemia, blindness and even cancer because naphthalene is a carcinogen.
8. Mist sprayer
Mist sprayers are commonly used for deodorizing, cooking, and cleaning. They contain compressed hydrocarbon gas, a highly flammable compound commonly found in crude oil, gasoline, and natural gas
The boiling point of hydrocarbons is slightly lower than room temperature, so these aerosols should not be stored near fire or other high temperatures.
9. Table tennis ball
Although the main material of the ping pong ball changed from celluloid to plastic a few years ago, there are still some places that sell ping pong balls made of celluloid.
This material is highly flammable, so be careful when playing table tennis in hot weather and make sure they are stored in a cool place.